The 4 Best Diaper Bags for Twins (2017 Guide & Reviews)
Just found out you're having twins?
I’m sure everyone is saying things to you like double the trouble, or double the love. It’s rather annoying, I’m sure. But, it’s also true!
One baby is lots of work. Two requires a tremendous amount of organization, preparation, and lots of patience.
One thing that can make life a little easier is having the perfect diaper bag for twins on hand. A great diaper bag can make all the difference and will help making traveling — or even visiting the local park — a breeze.
Here are some of the best diaper bags for twins that I’ve come across, and the things about them that make them awesome!
Diaper Bag for Twins Reviews
Hands down, the Skip Hop Dash Diaper Bag (click here to check the price on Amazon) is my recommended option for twins.
I love this diaper bag! It is the perfect bag to fit on a double (wide) stroller, too.
The Skip Hop Dash has a strong clip that attaches to the handlebars of your stroller so you can be hands free but have quick access to your necessities.
And, let’s talk about pockets! It has 16 pockets, so you will have plenty of space to bring along whatever your babies need.
Plus, it has strap options, so carry it as a tote, or wear it messenger style.
I also love that it has a magnetic closure so you can get in and out of the bag, one handed, without worrying about zipping it back up and having your belongings slip out.
It even comes with a changing pad (it has its own storage slot), and is strong enough to carry around your lap top or other forms of technology.
Plus, its chevron design makes it super cute and trendy. (It also comes in two other colors!)
Talk about a bargain buy! The Bula Baby Diaper Tote Bag (click here to check the price on Amazon) is what I recommend if you're on a budget.
And, for its price, you get a lot of bells and whistles with this chevron bag.
It’s compact, so it’s easy to carry, and it can fit everything your twins need when you are on the go.
It has 12 pockets, one of which can be for all of your goodies, allowing you to leave your purse at home. It is even durable enough to carry your tablet along with the other baby essentials.
I especially like how this bag has inner zipper pockets, so you can carry your cash and cards, or store your valuable items inside the bag.
It will also fit 20 ounce bottles, so there is no need to carry around an additional bottle bag.
Wear it across your shoulder, or carry it by hand. It also allows you to attach it to your stroller like the other bags when you want to go hands free.
It’s a fashionable and functional bag overall!
If you want to carry the cream of the crop, then the the Ju-Ju-Be Legacy Diaper Bag (click here to check the price on Amazon) is for you.
Definitely not modestly priced, you do get a lot of quality for its cost.
It is completely easy to clean because it is made out of Polyester. So, it will stretch and give a bit in case you need to pack for an overnight trip (or if you’re just an over packer like I am).
There are a whopping 17 pockets that make it easy to stay organized and have everything with you, including your own belongings.
Its outer fabric is Teflon treated, making it really strong and durable. And, it has an antimicrobial lining that wipes clean and insulated your bottles, juice cups, or snacks.
All straps can be adjusted, allowing you to decide how you want to wear it, and it also has a comfortable memory foam pad in the shoulder strap, which is important if you are carrying around a lot of heavy items.
It also comes with a memory foam changing pad to keep your babies comfortable and protected during diaper time.
Plus, it comes with a 90 day warranty so your baby is protected in case there happens to be any kind of defect.
This is the ultimate twin diaper bag for busy moms who are always on the go!
Rounding out my list is the Charlie Diaper Bag from timi & leslie (click here to check the price on Amazon).
What's great about this bag is that it doesn’t even resemble a traditional diaper bag! It has a cool, cinnamon color and a sleek and modern shape.
The bag itself is composed out of faux leather and has shiny brass hardware to make heads turn! It’s usually worn as a cross body style, but it does allow you to go hands free when you need to; thanks to its adjustable and adaptable strap system.
It comes with a changing pad that has a pocket, allowing you to keep your diapering goodies together on the mat so you can pull out the changing pad and go!
It also has a zipper sack inside the bag where you can place the soiled clothes if needed.
I love it because its inner design resembles a purse, so you can slide in your cash and credit cards and leave your bag at home.
There is also an insulated bottle tote that fits in the bag so you can keep them cool or room temperature. Like the other bags, it can be hung from your stroller, and it can be wiped down with ease since its water resistant.
There are eight pockets in all, and a handy key fob, so you always know where your keys are (no fumbling around).
It’s a beautiful bag that will help you stay organized, always.
What to look for in a great diaper bag for twins.
- Carrying options. You're going to need something that allows you to carry it like a purse by holding a strap or sliding it on your wrist. Or, sometimes you're going to have to wear the bag more like a messenger and sling it across your back and chest. A diaper bag for twins should allow you to go from one position to another with ease. So, strap options (and lengths) are key.
- Stroller attachment. You may not want to carry a bag at all — and really, who can blame you? So, a bag that comes with a stroller attachment is important. This will allow you to go totally hands free if you have to run after one (or both) of your children, pick up their toys, sippy cups, you name it!
- Lots of pockets. Pockets are your friend. You can designate one pocket per child. Or, a pocket per item, like snacks, bottles, wipes, diapers, or your own personal items. When browsing through a bag, also make sure the pockets are large enough to hold all of your baby necessities. Remember, you are toting around two tots!
- Wet pouch. Double the kiddos mean double the accidents. Diaper bags that have a wet pouch component allow you to place soiled clothing in it with ease, without getting your other items soiled or wet.
- Easy to clean. Stick with fabrics that are lightweight and easy to clean. You want to carry anything that can be wiped down with a wet rag and that dries quickly.
- Durability. Double the baby gear means double the weight you are carrying around. Make sure your bag is of high quality construction, offering strong zippers, double stitching, and something that can even give and stretch to fit all of your items.
Having twins definitely requires some special supplies on hand.
One of them, of course, being a diaper bag.
These four bags are absolutely awesome and will make leaving the house a stress free and organized experience!
Now, if only looking after the twins was as easy…